i came across a great recipe for peanut butter balls, so i decided to try to master them. the recipe is extremely simple and surprisingly, very healthy! this might be become a staple in our home. see below for the the recipe.
Peanut Butter Balls:
1 cup of quick oats
1 cup of peanut butter (i like trader joe's crunchy, but smooth is great too!)
1 cup of honey (i actually only used 1/2 cup and it was still delicious!)
1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
optional: i added a dash of cinnamon
Mix all of the ingredients together. roll into balls and place on wax paper.
in a separate sauce pan, melt the chocolate chips until creamy. drizzle chocolate on peanut butter balls and refrigerate.
for an even healthier option, you can skip the chocolate.
Here is the end result! I can't wait for my husband to come home and try them. Oh and I had some extra chocolate left over so I made a few "chocolate covered strawberries." mmMmM


No comments:
Post a Comment