Thursday, March 7, 2013

valentines day

Valentine's Day was a little different this year. Peter worked the entire day. The ENTIRE day. 7am to 10:30pm. So we celebrated as best as possible considering the circumstances and figured we would have a make up valentines date. 
Naomi and I woke up to this! Breakfast, flowers, cards, and chocolates. Obviously, my heart was melting because I knew Peter had a long day ahead of him, but he still made time for this little surprise.
I especially loved his handmade cards for us. 
After breakfast, I had a painting project set up for Naomi. She loves to paint.
By the time she was finished, she was covered in paint. 
And we can't forget this little guy!
We met Peter for lunch and then headed to our favorite frozen yogurt shop. You will probably be able to tell an obvious different in the following photos because they were taken by Becka, my super talented, photo taking, sister-in-law. You should check out her blog here
Naomi absolutely LOVES Brooklyn. When I told her we were getting ice cream with Brooklyn. She kept saying, "ice cweem wif my fwend bwooken?!" 
It was the first time I let her choose her toppings. She chose sprinkles, of course. What kid doesn't love sprinkles?
Sweet little Gresham just got to watch. Maybe next year, buddy...

We went home for Naomi's nap and Gresh and I played a good round of peekaboo. 

That evening, I watched my friend's little girl while they went out on a date. It was a bit hectic at first. She missed her mama, and Gresham didn't know how to handle the crying so he just did the same.
and Naomi looked on in complete bewilderment.
Hope you had a wonderful Valentines day!






3 comments: